Salla´s Museum of War and Reconstruction is located in a building that was originally made 1948 for railway workers and their families.
The Museum´s exhibition tells with pictures and items about the history of Salla municipality which was known as Kuolajärvi until year 1936. Salla was involved in the Second World War (1939–1944) and suffered heavy destructions. An enormous effort was made to rebuild the municipality – by the year 1950 nearly 400 new farms, many schools and a church were built.
Traditional Tavern will be opened in the courtyard of the museum in July 2012. Traditional Tavern tells about travelling in the past and today. An outsiden exhibition telling about traditional ways of living is going to be build during summer 2012.